Pages

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Real food and feeling good!

4 weeks in and others are seeing a difference!

We had Harry's parent/teacher conference last week, this is when we get to hear his progress for the first half of the year. Honestly I was a little nervous, you always want to hear that your child is doing well and topping the class, excelling and doing their best in every area. School has not been easy for Harry, usually we hear how he does not pay attention in class, he seems distant on his own world, even how he falls asleep in class. I have to approach these conference's with an open mind and hope for the best!

After hearing all about his experiences with 1st grade so far. He still has areas of academic concern. This much I knew. But what I heard next came as a real surprise. I was excited to hear that his enthusiasm and effort in class has improved and improved out of sight! All of his teachers were saying that just recently they have noticed his attention in class, his interest in work and completing it and his alertness and initiative have increased considerably. This was great news. I asked if this was something they noticed in the last 4 weeks? They all agreed! Wow! All I can put this down to is his change in diet!

Its so exciting to see results in only 4 weeks! And results that are effecting his life for the better, what great motivation to keep going with real foods! I too have noticed that his "fog" has lifted, he looks better rested and is more enthusiastic at home too.

2 comments:

Dave Rule said...

YEah, well done baby. Good job with the diet, keep it up.

Jill P said...

I am so happy to hear this news!! Yay for Harry and Yay for your family.