Pages

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Family Journal

Feeling the effects!

We have been on this real food only diet for over 2 weeks now and I feel great!!!
My energy level is starting to rise, which is better than nothing because that's what it used to be...Nothing! I had no energy!

We had a delicious homemade roast pumpkin soup last night, chock full of yummy real goodness. So why oh why did I suggest getting a French bread stick to go with it, white bread! Holly cow my body felt it, I had a headache later that night as well as indigestion, I also started to feel a little groggy.

I think it was good to have the bread last night, just as a reminder how your body reacts to things you eat. When your body is so used to eating a certain way over time it no longer reacts. Last night was a mini wake up call to say don't do that again as well as a reminder to keep up the good work with eating right!

You may be thinking, what is wrong with the white bread I ate? It had HFC in it as well as useless white processed flour. Nothing in it my body needed or could digest easily...bring on the whole grains =)

No comments: