Pages

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Our Journey while eating out



Last night was hard....
How to maintain this lifestyle while eating out!

OK, so basically I didn't...oops!
I'm sure the Thai food I ate was OK, but how do you know? You don't. Unless you ask them for the packaging to everything that went into your meal, you have no idea. But seriously who is going to do that, I don't think so!
This was the first time I have eaten out since starting this and honestly I was a little overwhelmed. All I could think about was "I am going to blow it!" I have worked so hard to get to this point, only to throw it away on movie snacks and Thai food.

So my solution was to think "No, I'm not blowing it! Its a few hours with friends for a night out, if I can't enjoy myself because I am so worried about what I am eating, that's just crazy and not how I want to live. I may as well give up on the changes now, because its about being healthy and loving life! Not restricting myself so it takes from my quality of life"

After I stopped beating up on myself and the personal little pep talk, I started to enjoy the evening so much more. I thought, I'll just make the best choices that I can, in the moment that I am in. Its not about changing the moment because that's what I live for!!!

I'm also not going to deny myself some of my favorite guilty pleasures that make moments that much more special. Like movie popcorn (which I am sure is fine if I didn't get the butter, but I got the butter!) or the pretty colored cocktail when out with the girls.

If this was something I did every week, then maybe I would rethink my strategy, but going to the movies happens a few times a year, so I say enjoy!!!

No comments: